Wednesday, 2 December 2009

A-Z Reading Challenge 2010

This is a personal challenge of mine, that I decided upon after rearranging my bookshelves to try and fit my newest purchases in somewhere. The Challenge is to read one book per author for 26 author's whose surnames begin with all the different letters of the Alphabet - so one book by an author who's surname beings with 'A', one by an author whose surname begins with 'B', etc. In the case of Ancient authors, using the first name is fine since that's the name that appears on the cover. If anyone else sees this and wants to try it, they're welcome to join me. Or, if you see it, and know someone else who's hosting the same challenge, tell me, and I'll probably sign up to their challenge.

A - Aristophanes; Lysistrata and Other Plays
B - Buchan; The Thirty-Nine Steps
C - Crane, Stephen; The Red Badge of Courage
D
E
F - Freud; The Interpretation of Dreams
G - Gardiner, Patrick; Kierkegaard: A Very Short Introduction
H - Hurlburt & Schwitzgebel; Describing Inner Experience?
I
J - Jung; Four Archetypes: Mother, Rebirth, Spirit, Trickster
K - Kierkegaard; Fear and Trembling
L - Longus; Daphnis and Chloe
M -Mackenzie; The Man of Feeling
N
O - Orwell, Why I write
P - Paine, Thomas; Common Sense
Q
R - Racine; Iphigenia, Phaedra, Athaliah
S - Stevenson, Robert Louis, Treasure Island
T - Theweleit, Klaus; Object-Choice (All You Need is Love...)
U
V - Voltaire; Letters on England
W - Walpole, Horace; The Castle of Otranto
X
Y
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment